MMUF Fellows entering Ph.D. programs in Mellon Designated Fields within 39 months of graduation from their undergraduate institution are eligible for repayment of their undergraduate loans up to a maximum of $10,000. MFAs may be eligible for up to $5,000 in loan repayment. Only undergraduate debt accrued through Perkins, Stafford, or college loan programs qualify for repayment.
Conditions of Loan Repayment (Please read carefully)
Fellows in the UNCF/Mellon Undergraduate Fellowship Program are eligible to have repaid up to $10,000.00 of their undergraduate educational loans under the following conditions:
The fellow is pursuing full-time graduate work toward the Ph.D. degree in one of the following fields:
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Area/Cultural/Ethnic/Gender Studies
- Art History
- Classics, Computer Science
- Geography and Population Studies
- Earth/Environmental/Geological Science and Ecology
- Cinema and Media Studies (theoretical focus)
- Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Oceanographic/Marine/Atmospheric/Planetary Science
- Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
- Philosophy and Political Theory
- Physics and Astronomy
- Religion and Theology
- Theater (non-performance focus)
The fellow must enter graduate school no later than 39 months after receiving the undergraduate degree.
Please select this link for more information and an application.