REMEMBER...ONCE A FELLOW, ALWAYS A FELLOW!
There are several resources available to you once you become a Mellon Fellow and matriculate into a graduate program. Many are offered through our partners at the Social Science Research Council and Woodrow Wilson Foundation.
MMUF Fellows entering PhD programs in Mellon Designated Fields within 39 months of graduation from their undergraduate institution are eligible for repayment of their undergraduate loans up to a maximum of $10,000. MFAs may be eligible for up to $5,000 in loan repayment. Only undergraduate debt accrued through Perkins, Stafford, or college loan programs qualify for repayment.
Conditions of Loan Repayment (Please read carefully)
Fellows in the UNCF/Mellon Undergraduate Fellowship Program are eligible to have repaid up to $10,000.00 of their undergraduate educational loans under the following conditions:
The fellow is pursuing full-time graduate work toward the Ph.D. degree in one of the following fields:
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Area/Cultural/Ethnic/Gender Studies
- Art History
- Classics, Computer Science
- Geography and Population Studies
- Earth/Environmental/Geological Science and Ecology
- Cinema and Media Studies (theoretical focus)
- Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Oceanographic/Marine/Atmospheric/Planetary Science
- Performance Studies (theoretical focus)
- Philosophy and Political Theory
- Physics and Astronomy
- Religion and Theology
- Theater (non-performance focus)
The fellow must enter graduate school no later than 39 months after receiving the undergraduate degree.
Please select this link for more information and an application.